Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Cindy Lou’s Home Cookin Café


Now if that ain't a name. I met Cindy and John a few days ago when they came by and bought most of the equipment that was left from when this place was a burger joint (I love that phrase).
They live in Covington which is about 12 or so miles South of Cleburne on 171. They promise the usual but authentic fair of chicken fried steak and such at decent prices. The interior design is typical for a small town restaurant with the friendliest attitude I have seen in a long while. I like the big chain restaurants from time to time but even more I like the kind of people that actually want to know your name and even take time to find out what you think. The conversations there can be lively at times but it is still nice to know that there are some places still around that what counts most is that you are there and they never seem to forget that.

They are not opened yet but I'll be sure to let you know when they do. I look forward to trying one of those chicken fried steaks, lets see with mashed tatters, green beans, Texas toast...........ummmmm.

Don

No comments: