Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July the 4th

Well I hope you had a great 4th. With all the rain we've had there were a lot of fireworks being shot off in the country side. The city of Burleson had a very nice parade this year and if you would like to see the highlights visit my Day To Day blog. Later that evening we went to the Burleson fireworks display which we have never gone to before simply because I dreaded the crowds but to my surprise you can park along the I-35 access road near the golf course and walk over the fence throw out the old blanket or lawn chair and view it from there. With all the space afforded there it was like having your own private fireworks display. The effect of seeing the great balls of color exploding above the trees was like the ones you see in the movies or TV shows that seem surreal and could never happen in real life. There was no crowding, quite and peaceful. I do not believe I have ever enjoyed a display more than I did this one. I highly recommend it for next year for anyone who would like to go.

Well my granddaughter is demanding my attention so thats it for today. Take care and have a great day.

Don

God Bless This Great Land We Call Home!






No comments: